Error creating thumbnail: File missing
|Founder||Pablo del Monte, dj-Vox|
|Distributor(s)||The state51 Conspiracy|
|Genre||House, Deep House, Tech-house, Techno|
|Country of origin||UK|
|Official website||East Recordings|
East Recordings was set up in 2015 in London by DJ/producer Pablo del Monte. The label was born out of internet radio station and blog Brick Lane Radio which Pablo set up in 2013 with a DJ collective comprising former Pointblank music school students. The label's style falls between deep and tech-house, and the branding is built around the label's location in east London, the capital's creative quarter. East Recordings was heavily supported by the DJ community and blogs in its first six months and this quickly translated into sales success with every EP from release number eight onwards charting in the relevant Traxsource and/or Juno genre chart. The third component of the organisation is a very successful club night called Throw It Up which hosts regular parties at Trapeze Basement Club in Shoreditch, as well as other venues.
- Pablo del Monte
- Glen Brady
- Julius Papp
- William Medagli
- Jose Maria Ramon
- Nils Hess
- Rodrigo Ferrari
- Steve Michael
- Detroit Project
- DJ Halloween
- Granite State
- Blandy & Soul Cat
- Disco Ball'z & Gokhan Guneyli
The label hit the ground running with Pablo's debut release Rotate receiving critical acclaim and support from both underground DJs like Franco Bianco (Hypercolour) and mainroon jocks such as Cevin Fisher (Defected), and Pablo gave interviews to upon its release to The Underground , Inhale, and EQTV . The release was favourably reviewed on DMC World Magazine  and Knights Of The Turntable, the latter referring to the lead track, Rotate, with its Robert Owens vocals as being "sure to be a hit with the likes of Fatboy Slim and in Ibiza" .
Release number two, Walking in the Rain, came from label US producer dj-Vox and this 4-tracker EP comprising vocal deep house and jackin' house cuts drew support from the likes of Patrick Selzer and Sascha Kosch (De-Bug), received airplay on Byte.FM (Germany) and Diversions Radio (Canada) and got a 5-star review on the Beat Vision blog.
Release three saw Pablo del Monte team up with DJ and vocalist Miss Mixit, who had just returned to London following a successful period in China where she was the country's number one DJ and also appeared as a singer on national TV, being dubbed "the Chinese Madonna" along the way! The pair call themselves Restless and their debut single Give it to Me was massively supported by the more mainroom-minded deep house DJs like Javimar (DJ Mag Spain); whilst Glen Brady's deep electronic house remix drew support from more underground DJs like Nori, as well as featuring on the SuiteBeats Structures - Minimal & Electronica compilation .
East Recordings's fourth release found Pablo del Monte in underground house form with his 4-tracker Feel Feeling EP drawing support from F.E.M. (KMS Records), DJ T (Get Physical) and Rick Maia (Ministry of Sound), and gaining great reviews on Thirst4Beats and Technozsene. The lead track featured in Pablo's guest mix for Big Shot Mag  and on the SuiteBeats Deeper Shades 2 House & Tech compilation series .
For release five, Pablo called on his sparring partner from their clubbing days in Dublin, the now US-based producer Glen Brady. Glen is best known for his work as DJ Wool  and as one half of indie-dance act The Glass. His 4-tracker Redeemer EP bore evidence of his pedigree in dance music with support coming from Sexy Lazer (My Favourite Robot Records), M.Path.IQ (Multi Cult) and Nikola Marinkovic (BLN FM); and the release found airplay on Diversion Radio (Canada) and Byte.FM (Germany). With two club-focused tech-house tracks and two downtempo electronica slices the EP was widely supported on the blogosphere with highlights being New Zealand's Nerdy Frame  and Evlear in Sweden .
With release six, East Recordings found its true voice with Pablo del Monte's Glide Over Here gaining enormous support. The Maya Jane Cole-esque lead track was complimented by stunning remixes from house legend Julius Papp, rising stars of Italian techno Thallulah, William Medagli and Jose Maria Ramon and Pablo's label mate dj-Vox. With the three sets of remixers calling upon styles ranging from contemporary deep house, tech-house and techno the EP gained support from the likes of Animal Trainer (Still Vor Talent), Chris Fortier (Bedrock), Andre Crom (Off Recordings), Horse Meat Disco, Joseph Capriati and from some surprise corners like Judge Jules. The release received excellent reviews from The Music Essentials , Ibiza Voice  and DMC World.
Julius Papp's  name is one that is synonymous with house music through his classic releases on Nurvous Records  and his work with Kenny Dope ; so it was with real pleasure that Pablo welcomed him on board as a remixer, and the two did a joint DJ set for Inhale . Thallulah, William Medagli and Jose Maria Ramon  are established artists in their own right but as a threesome they have been kicking up a storm lately with their releases on Einsmusika and Sleazy Deep.
Release seven was dj-Vox's aptly-titled Seven Sevenths EP, which featured remixes from Nottingham-based tech-house star Inxec  and Pablo del Monte. The EP was supported by the likes of House Nation Radio, Different Grooves, Alessandro Russo (Slok), Nori, Hermanez (Mobilee) and James Stevens (Bedrock), as well as gaining a top notch review on Beat Vision. dj-Vox and Inxec teamed up for a classic DJ set which premiered as a podcast on the House Cult blog .
Release eight saw Pablo del Monte team up with Peter de Havilland for their Foolboyz act with the retro house I Wanna Take Off. However, it was the B-side Hearts Stood Still with its future house vibes that proved to be the hit, rising to number 25 in the deep house charts .
With release nine East Recordings were back in the charts again with dj-Vox's Nightmare EP. This was the label's first exclusive with Juno and the 4 tracker EP, which featured a remix by Daniel Allen, reached number 20 in its tech-house chart.
And this wrapped up a hugely successful first calendar year for the label. Rounding 2015 off nicely Big Shot Mag blog featured label boss Pablo del Monte in its end-of-year review .
2016 saw East Recordings make bigger inroads into the dance charts. The label's tenth release was Pablo del Monte's Emotional Con EP which featured two tracks that entered the Traxsource deep house chart with Anytime (You Want Me) peaking at 31 and Keep on Repeating reaching 25 .
With release eleven East Recordings welcomed Austrian DJ/producer Steve Michael to the label and his US house-themed I am in Chicago single peaked at 21 after spending three weeks in Traxsource's deep house chart .
Release twelve came from one of Brazil's premier tech-house producers, Rodrigo Ferrari, with his Diggin' That Bass single peaking at 63 in the Traxsource tech-house chart.
Release thirteen was a remix package of Pablo del Monte's Glide Over Here. On remix duties were tech-house supremo Nils Hess (Eukatech), Pablo himself and once again Julius Papp. Pablo's DJ Re-edit mix peaked at 49 in the Traxsource deep house chart and was played on Kane FM, and Big Shot Mag premiered the Julius Papp mix .
Release fourteen saw Thallulah, William Medagli and Jose Maria make their full debut on the label with four deep, musical techno cuts on their Arka EP. The lead track, Arka, performed well on the Traxsource techno chart and the Pablo del Monte remix was played on Kane FM.
For release sixteen Pablo del Monte teamed up with Canadian singer Sindu Athemai on his Marcha EP. Two of the four tracks on the EP charted in the Traxsource tech-house chart.
For release seventeen Manchester-based duo Detroit Project made their debut on East Recordings with their slick underground tech-house single On the Dance Floor, which was premiered on the Deep House HQ blog.
Release eighteen saw the return of Thallulah, William Medagli and Jose Maria Ramon with their stunning Calling Your Name EP. The release was supported by Juno and both the lead track and the Rodrigo Ferrari remix charted in Juno's tech-house chart.
East Recordings's biggest release to-date was Pablo del Monte's House to House. An un-ashamedly old school party anthem that was broken by Marco Carola at his Music On night in Amnesia , which catapulted the original mix into the Traxsource and Juno house charts for five weeks. There was huge love from the blogs too, most notably the Data Transmission premier . The Blandy (aka Ian Bland of Dream Frequency fame) and Soul Cat remix did equal damage in Traxsource's jackin' house chart.
Release 20 was Paul Cutie and Nejo's A Brand New Start. This quality US-style house EP from veteran Paul Cutie and his fellow Italian newcomer was supported by Traxsource and peaked at 38 in its soulful house chart.
For release 21 East Recordings signed UK-based new-comer Caramen's sublime underground cut She Called, which received huge support from Juno and the DJ community including the likes of Terry Francis.
With the label's on-going chart success East Recordings caught the attention of and then signed a major compilation deal with Dig Dis distributors with over 100 of the label's tracks being licensed to various compilations.
Release 22 saw Pablo del Monte back in action with his 4-tracker tech-house EP Throw Your Love, which featured remixes by dj-Vox and Sagia, and more chart action on Juno.
Next up was a cheeky Halloween-themed release House of Horror by the mysterious DJ Halloween which featured one mix which re-played parts of Michael Jackson's Thriller.
Release 24 came from rising star of the South African techno scene D_Know with his Bottleneck single getting huge DJ support and featured a sick dj-Vox remix.
This was followed quickly by the UK house sound of Bompe whose single Lusting Over You went top 20 in Traxsource's tech-house chart.
Release 26 came from Pablo del Monte with his three-tracker Needing Pleasure EP gaining support from Zombie Disco Squad and going top 40 in Traxsource's tech-house chart.
Release 27 saw east recordings return to its proper house sound with veteran producers Disco Ball'z and Gokhan Guneyli's Dance the Night Away.
East Recordings's two year birthday was marked by a special release from Regression Sessions resident DJ Granite State with his 338 EP doing serous damage on the techno scene and going top 30 in Traxsource's tech-house chart. The fourth track from the EP was picked up by none other than Mark Knight who played it in his Toolroom Radio's Easter 2017 podcast.
- ER001 Pablo del Monte - Rotate - 2015 - Beatport link
- ER002 dj-Vox Walking in the Rain EP - 2015 - Beatport link 
- ER003 Restless - Give it to Me - 2015 - Beatport link 
- ER004 Pablo del Monte - Feel Feeling EP - 2015 - Beatport link 
- ER005 Glen Brady - Redeemer EP - 2015 - Beatport link 
- ER006 Pablo del Monte - Glide Over Here - 2015 - Beatport link 
- ER007 dj-Vox - Seven Sevenths EP - 2015 - Beatport link 
- ER008 Foolboyz - I Wanna Take Off - 2015 - Beatport link 
- ER009 dj-Vox - Nightmare EP - 2015 - Juno link 
- ER010 Pablo del Monte - Emotional Con EP - 2016 - Traxsource link 
- ER011 Steve Michael - I am in Chicago - 2016 - Traxsource link 
- ER012 Rodrigo Ferrari - Diggin' That Bass - 2016 - Traxsource link 
- ER013 Pablo del Monte - Glide Over Here Remixes - 2016 - Traxsource link 
- ER014 Thallulah, William Medagli & Jose Maria Ramon - 2016 - Traxsource link 
- ER015 dj-Vox - Heathrow - 2016 - Juno link 
- ER016 Pablo del Monte - 2016 - Marcha EP - Juno link 
- ER017 Detroit Project - On the Dance Floor - Traxsource link 
- ER018 Thallulah, William Medagli & Jose Maria Ramon - Calling Your Name EP - Juno link 
- ER019 Pablo del Monte - House to House - Traxsource link 
- ER020 Paul Cutie & Nejo - A Brand New Start - Traxsource link 
- ER021 Caramen - She Called - Juno link 
- ER022 Pablo del Monte - Throw Your Love EP - Traxsource link 
- ER023 DJ Halloween - House of Horror - Traxsource link 
- ER024 D_Know - Bottleneck - Traxsource link 
- ER025 Bompe - Lusting Over You - Traxsource link 
- ER026 Pablo del Monte - Needing Pleasure - Traxsource link 
- ER027 Disco Ball'z & Gokhan Gunyeli - Dance the Night Away - Traxsource link 
- ER028 Granite State - 338 EP - Traxsource link 
- Underground, The (PublicationDate = 02/04/2015). "Pablo del Monte interview". The Underground. Retrieved 23/09/2015. Check date values in:
- "Pablo del Monte interview". Inhale. PublicationDate = 21/04/2015. Retrieved 23/09/2015. Check date values in:
- "Pablo del Monte’s top5 tracks". PublicationName. PublicationDate = 12/05/2015. Retrieved DateAccessed.
|last1=in Authors list (help); Check date values in:
- World, DMC (PublicationDate = 02/04/2015). "Rotate review". DMC World. Retrieved 23/09/2015. Check date values in:
|date=, |accessdate=(help) Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "“DMC" defined multiple times with different content
- Turntable, Knights (PublicationDate = 06/04/2015). "Rotate review". Knights of the Turntable. Retrieved 23/09/2015. Check date values in:
- Eeles, Paul (PublicationDate = 28/04/2015). "East Recordings presents". Beat Vision. Retrieved 23/09/2015. Check date values in:
|date=, |accessdate=(help) Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "“Beat" defined multiple times with different content
- Beats (PublicationDate = 21/06/2015). first = Jo "Pablo del Monte - Feel Feeling". Thirst4Beats. Retrieved 23/09/2015. Check date values in:
- Shot, Big (PublicationDate = 26/07/2015). "Big Shot Guest Mix 302: Pablo del Monte". Big Shot Mag. Retrieved 23/09/2015. Check date values in:
- "Glen Brady - Redeemer EP". Nerdy Frames. PublicationDate = 29/06/2015. Retrieved 23/09/2015.
|last1=in Authors list (help); Check date values in:
- Haegglund, Matheus (PublicationDate = 21/06/2015). "Redeemer EP by Glen Brady". Evlear. Retrieved 23/09/2015. Check date values in:
- "Pablo del Monte - Glide Over Here". Music Essentails. PublicationDate = 13/08/2015. Retrieved 23/09/2015. Check date values in:
- Turner, Ralph (PublicationDate = 13/08/2015). "Pablo del Monte - Glide Over Here EP on East Recordings". Music Essentails. Retrieved 15/09/2015. Check date values in:
- Fleming, Ian (PublicationDate = 21/09/2015). "Julius Papp guest mix". Inhale. Retrieved 22/09/2015. Check date values in:
- Cult, House (PublicationDate = 05/010/2015). "Podcast 52 Inxec & DJ-Vox". House Cult. Retrieved 05/10/2015. Check date values in:
- Radio (PublicationDate = 12/11/2015). = Brick "Thanks everyone". Facebook. Retrieved 02/12/2015. Check date values in:
- Ressler, Darren (PublicationDate = 31/12/2015). "210 DJs and artists look back on 2015". House Cult. Retrieved 01/01/2015. Check date values in:
Script error: No such module "Check for unknown parameters".